PEAVI has been a resource for Victoria-area editors and their clients since 1995. If you are a professional editor in the Victoria area, you may want to come to a meeting and join us. PEAVI members include freelance and in-house editors, writers, proofreaders, project managers, and communications specialists. Some are award winners; all are editorial professionals.
For information about joining, visit the Join PEAVI page.
The Professional Editors Association of Vancouver Island provides a network of support services for its members and serves as a professional resource to the wider community. To fulfill its mission, the association:
- provides professional development opportunities for its members
- maintains links with related professional groups
- promotes the services of its members to potential clients
Services for members
- monthly meetings
- regular notices and meeting summaries
- online member directory
- professional development and support
- a listserv for consultation, exchange of ideas, referrals and job requests
- connections to related professional groups
- networking and socializing opportunities
- resources for editors
Services for clients
- individual member listings with specialties
- job request submission form
- resources for authors
- site search
PEAVI is a voluntary association of independent professionals, and has no regulatory power. All contracts between PEAVI members and their clients are the responsibility of the signatories. PEAVI provides this site as a service to members and those wishing to use their services. PEAVI is not liable for its members or their actions.